Saturday, August 27, 2005

Anger Management: When Life Deals You Lemons...

So, last night was not a particularly good night for me. For reasons that are really too silly for me to be sharing in such a public forum, I was just down in the dumps, wallowing in a pool of self-pity that really messed with my head. I mean, I was simpy at that point where I wanted to throw my hands up in the air and just scream, Aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh and then be done with it. You know, sorta like that picture of me above (which, I think, actually doubles as a great rock 'n' roll portrait shot, huh?).

And why, I ask my self today, did I let myself get so hard on myself last night? What, just because some guy didn't express interest in me? I tried to confide in a friend about some of my recent woes (still trying to wrap my head around what happened with that dude I was dating who dumped me for his ex), and he was like, "Ken, this is one of the greatest times of your life, and you can't let the little things and some idiot who couldn't see how special you are get you down. You've got your first book in stores, magazines are writing about you, and your whole career is just getting started. So shut the f#ck up and focus on your book and on doing things that make you happy, would you?"

I guess sometimes it does take some tough love like that to snap you out of a particularly moody reverie, and I'm pretty thankful to have a friend who is able to call me on my bullsh#t when I'm being such a party-pooper. And I guess sometimes life just does give you lemons, and so, indead of picking them up and pummeling the car and front door of the dude who broke my heart (oh, but you just know that I REALLY REALLY want to do that), I'm gonna squeeze the sh#t out of them A) to release all my pent-up frustrations and B) 'cuz I'm thirsty as f#ck, and I could really use a good glass of cold lemonade. (Do you know how frickin' HOT it's been in Los Angeles the past few days?)

But anyway, in honor of my friend's advice, I'm simply gonna try and focus most of my attention right now on positive things, like promoting the Homocore book and hanging out with the friends that do get me, and just let all the little stuff slip away. Because really, if you're just running around stressing out over things you can't control, you're just never gonna get to that point where you can say, "You know what, dude? Throwing lemons at your house might help me restrain myself next time I wanna put my hands around your neck and squeeze the life out of you and all, but I'd much rather use those lemons for something more worthy of my time." 'Cuz you know, as arrogant or bitter as that might sound, at the moment it's just a really important place for me to be.

Hmmmm. Now where to??? :)

XOXO,
Hollywood Ken

3 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Pinko said...

Well, thunder only happens when it's raining. BTW, you may want to change your setting to filter the spams -- in the Comments tab, click to require that visual where they have to type a series of letters (whatever it's called) which prevents those automated spams.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger jacko492 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got a wise friend. You know, good advice isn't always the easiest to heed--for any of us. Sounds like you're on the right track though! Keep your handsome chin up buddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Free Site Counter