Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Great Recipe!

Don't worry; I'm not turning this into a cooking blog or anything, but I did happen to make my not-so world famous biscuit and baked bean casserole this past weekend for a Memorial Day picnic I went to, and people always ask me how I made it, so I thought I'd go ahead and post the recipe here in case anyone wants to try it out. It's easy as hell to make, and people go ga-ga over it. This dish is not for those who are on a carb-conscious diet, but they will LOVE you at family picnics and barbecues if you bring this:

KEN'S BISCUIT & BAKED BEAN CASSEROLE

3 half-sized cans of Bush's baked beans
1 lb ground hamburger (or meat substitute of your choice)
1/2 medium sized red onion
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1 cup barbecue sauce (hickory brown sugar is best)
1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 containers Pillsbury Flaky Gold biscuits

Sautee hamburger, onion and peppers and chili powder (I use olive oil; sometimes I add a bit of nutmeg or cinammon), then mix into large casserole dish along with baked beans. Add barbecue sauce and stir.

Arrange biscuits on top as a "crust," then sprinkle with cheddar cheese to desired amount and bake at 410 until biscuits are golden brown on top.

Serves about 10-12 people. Yummy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Free Site Counter