Friday, February 02, 2007

My Physical Therapy!

So how come nobody ever told me how awesome working out is?

Many of you may already know that I've started working out with a personal trainer for a six month health and fitness project for Frontiers magazine. Well, I've been working out with Ronn (my trainer) for about a week and a half now, and so far, it's rocking my world.

If you've been keeping up with my KenGetsFit blog, then you know that I had a myriad of issues "preventing" me from taking matters into my own hands and hitting the weights. All those old junior and high school memories of being picked on and humiliated in gym class kept re-emerging to haunt me over the years, and I let it keep me from doing something really wonderful for myself, even though I knew better. Insecurities are weird like that.

Well, last year, I finally decided that I'd had enough, and I pitched a six month-long project to Frontiers, and they ate it up. So they published an introductory story about me along with a terrible "before" shot (the photographer literally made me make myself look as slovenly and lethargic as possible for effect), and in the spring, they will run a follow-up story that tracks my progress. Then, in the summer, the project will come to an end, and there will be an "end piece" along with "after" pics. My goal is to be in good enough shape that I might even get to model a few swimsuits for their summer swimsuit issue! It gives me something to aspire to anyway.

At any rate, I'm having a blast working out with Ronn, who takes really good care of me and who is very attentive to my concerns and my inexperience with anything athletic. It's not easy by any stretch; there are nights when all I want to do is scream out in agony. Hell, sometimes I do. But I'm challenging myself in a way that I never have before, and it feels great to be able to start to make myself into the man I've always envisioned myself to be. It's not about being "hot." It's not about getting laid. It's not about being "butch." It's just about stepping up to the plate and doing something really positive and healthy for myself. And so far, I've never felt better about myself. Yay me!
Anyway, hope you get a chance to follow my workout blog! I'm having a blast writing it!
XOXO,
Hollywood Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Free Site Counter