Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I'm such a bad, bad blogger. What is wrong with me? I used to be such a talker, always wanting to share myself with people in my life.

The thing is... well, I guess I just got lazy for a while there. The responsibility of keeping up with a blog can be daunting. If I post regularly, people will expect things from me, and I hate when that happens. LOL! I'd rather live in mediocrity so that way I can never disappoint anyone. Funny, huh? Well, I'm shifting out of that way of thinking, and I'm proclaiming today that things are going to be different. I'm going to keep this blog updated more regularly, because it's a great forum for me to speak my mind and share my stories with people. It's all about sharing for me.

It hasn't been all about me being lazy. I have been pretty busy too. And I want to tell you people about what I've been up to. For the past several months, I have been involved with a life coaching organization out in Costa Mesa called Accelerate. It's truly been the most amazing thing I've ever experienced, and it has made me step up to the plate in a big way in my life and take responsibility for doing the things I say I'm going to do and getting out there and making my dreams happen. I'm now in film school at LACC, and I shot my very first movie last week! I'm finally doing something to go after my goal of being a filmmaker, and I'm so proud of the movie I shot. It's a slapstick chase comedy with mimes, and I really think that I have put together something special and fun that will impress my teacher and my classmates.

I'm also volunteering at the Gay & Lesbian Center, and am on a list to become an HIV counselor there, and to top it off my life coaching team and I just returned from a house-building trip to Mexico, where we got to build a house for a poor family that was living in a shack. This was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Handing over the keys to the husband and wife was a beautiful experience. They cried. I cried. My whole team cried. There was a lot of crying going on. I filmed the whole trip and plan to turn it into a 6-minute documentary for my 3rd film school project. That's going to be cool.

I'm actually going to be writing a story about Accelerate for one of the next upcoming issues of IN magazine. It's been such a revolutionary experience in my life, helping me to open up to people in a way I never have and allowing me to finally understand and squash all the things that have been holding me back in life. I never realized how I was showing up in life before I did this program--how selfish I had been with everyone in my life--and now I'm out there making things happen. I'm making new friends and rekindling friendships with old ones. I'm loving like I've never been hurt. And it's GREAT. Especially as a gay man who was harboring so many issues because of a painful childhood, I got so much value out of the Accelerate trainings that I can't wait to share all that I've experienced with the readers of IN.

There have been all kinds of breakthroughs for me--things that have been opening up left and right. I'm dating, I'm making new friends, I'm up to big things in my life. It's a wonderful, WONDERFUL time in my life, and I want to make sure that I am sharing it with everyone I know so that they, too, can be inspired. This is my gift as a writer: I get to share my experiences and inspire others to achieve their own success stories, or make them feel less alone, or make them smile on a day when they are feeling down. It's all about reaching out. So stay tuned, because that's what I'll be doing from here on out on this blog. You can expect it from me! :)

XOXO,
Hollywood Ken

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Free Site Counter