Saturday, December 01, 2007

Depressed Musings On a Saturday Afternoon

So this is my La-La Life. I'm sitting here on my uncomfortable futon in my apartment, looking around at all the clutter that inevitably keeps accumulating in my living space. Random press releases, CDs, DVDs, magazines, a bag of veggie and flaxseed tortilla chips from Trader Joe's, an empty glass of wine (Merlot, thanx)... just all this crap that keeps turning up, no matter how much I clean. In fact, I've recently given up cleaning. My vacuum cleaner is on the blink again, so I haven't swept my floor in months. It's not pretty. And, the piles of media that keep accumulating in the corners of my apartment are ever-present. It's enough to drive me crazy with thoughts of the things I need: I need a bigger apartment, or I need to drastically refurbish the one I already have; I need a maid; I need a boyfriend. I'm not quite sure what that last one has to do with my cluttered apartment, but I'm on a roll here, so don't quibble with me.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Kirk Van Wormer said...

...And that's why my bf and I left LA and moved to NYC a few months ago. Not that it's any easier, per se, but the artistic community is MUCH more supportive (and available) and the opportunity to meet smart, interesting and fun people seems so much greater. LA was really bringing us WAY down. And I have some of the best friends there. Sure, the weather is nice, but overall, it's an industry culture based on insecurities. Everyone is worried what others are thinking, and how they compare to the actor/industry guy next to them. And whether they are someone that they should be schmoozing. I know you don't know me from Adam (we actually know several of the same, very cool people) but I'm just wanting to let you know that you're not the only one who feels that way in LA (Well, now you might be! lol). Come visit NY and see if you don't feel more at home. If nothing else, people actually READ articles here! - kirk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Free Site Counter